Emily Waldorf ’03

Emily Waldorf ’03Emily Jensen Waldorf majored in Art History and French Studies. She studied abroad with the Hamilton College Junior Year in France Program and completed coursework at l’Ecole du Louvre. During her senior year, she interned at Rose Gallery, a contemporary photography gallery in Santa Monica.

After graduating from Scripps, Emily went back to Paris where she worked as a graduate student intern in Sotheby’s Impressionist and Modern art department and earned an M.A. in French from Middlebury College. Following graduate school, Emily worked at Bonhams in San Francisco and Gagosian Gallery in Beverly Hills.

In 2008, Emily launched a successful website and newsletter, ArtsÉtoile, with a focus on art, culture, and lifestyle. In addition to writing and editing content for ArtsÉtoile, Emily has contributed to Los Angeles Confidential, ForYourArt, Decorati, and ArtWeLove. She also organizes cultural field trips for arts-minded groups to galleries, museums, and artist studios, with the goal of engaging participants in the rich cultural landscape of Los Angeles while simultaneously raising money and awareness for local arts nonprofits.

“The Core curriculum’s emphasis on culture, knowledge, and representation taught me to think critically about the arts, which is life-enhancing for anyone concerned with aesthetics and crucial as a writer. The challenging interdisciplinary humanities coursework, nurturing professors, and senior thesis helped me thrive later on in an intensive graduate program, auction house and gallery environments, and eventually gave me the confidence to break into new media and create my own entrepreneurial internet venture that enabled me to share my passion about the arts with a wider community.”

Tags