Nicole Frazer ’07

Assistant Registrar & Collection Coordinator, The American Museum of Ceramic Art, Pomona, CA

Nicole Frazer ’07“Choosing a liberal arts college described my desire to focus on the arts, but not to exclude the context that other academic areas provide. I enjoyed studying Spanish and biology, and taking classes at Pomona and Pitzer. I think the Claremont Colleges are truly unique, and I am proud to have attended a women’s college. What I found most influential was that professors at Scripps practice what they preach. Their enthusiasm and professionalism as role models encouraged my aspiration to have a career and be an artist. Specifically, during my internship at the Ruth Chandler Williamson Gallery, the Director’s mentorship was invaluable. Now working in the museum field, I have a strong foundation in art. Scripps classes and seminars emphasized discourse and critique, which strengthened communication skills that I use every day.”

Nicole Frazer grew up in Carlsbad, CA. After receiving her Associates Degree from Palomar College in San Marcos, she transferred to Scripps Fall 2005, and graduated in 2007 with a major in Studio Art. She fulfilled the Wilson Internship at the Ruth Chandler Williamson Gallery the summer after graduating. Since September of 2007 she has worked at the American Museum of Ceramic Art, AMOCA, as the Assistant Registrar and Collection Coordinator. Her job responsibilities include researching and presenting donations for AMOCA’s Acquisitions Committee, cataloging and photographing AMOCA’s collection, assisting with incoming and outgoing loans, and overall realization of events, educational programs and exhibitions.

Tags