Jennie Waldow ’12

Jennie Waldow small

Jennie Waldow, credits her education at Scripps as being key to her career. “Without a doubt,” she said, “attending Scripps College set me on the path for a successful and fulfilling career in the art world. The wonderful advisory and support of Professor Mary MacNaughton, challenging and exciting art history courses with professors such as Juliet Koss, the opportunity to visit Los Angeles arts venues, and the welcoming alumnae network made Scripps an essential experience not only in my career development, but also in my personal development. Interning at the Williamson Gallery provided hands-on experience in an arts institution, enabling me to confidently pursue further internships at institutions including P.S. ARTS, the Culver City Department of Cultural Affairs, the Huntington Library Art Collections, and ACME.”

Through Scripps, she was also the recipient of the Gabrielle Jungels-Winkler Scholarship, which generously provided her with the opportunity to receive her MA at the Courtauld Institute in London. There, Jennie studied post-1960 American art under Professor Mignon Nixon, and her dissertation concerned commercial engagement by three conceptual artists: Allen Ruppersberg, N.E. Thing Co., and Marcel Broodthaers. She is now the Louise Bourgeois Intern in the Department of Drawings and Prints at the Museum of Modern Art in New York, where she assists with departmental curatorial tasks and the organization of the Fluxus collection. Jennie is grateful for her time at Scripps. She explained, “My incredible experiences at Scripps, which continue as I keep in touch with mentors and become involved in the alumnae network, provided the foundation for my current position and career goals.”

Tags